Design, Construction Supervision and Contract Administration of Construction of Kandy Multimodal Passenger Transport Terminal (Sri Lanka)
Client : Ministry of Megapolis and Western Development
Financed by : World Bank
Realisation : 2017-2022
Missions SCE :
• Preliminary and Detailed design,
▪ Assistance for works contracts tender process including the production of technical specifications for bidders and assistance in drawing up works contracts,
▪ Approval of drawings produced by Contractors,
▪ Construction supervision,
▪ Assistance during works' acceptance and commissioning,
▪ Project management & Contract administration.
TThe Strategic Cities Development Project launched under the Ministry of Megapolis and Western Development has initiated infrastructure programs in a number of key cities in Sri Lanka. Kandy is one of the “strategic cities” under the SCDP due to its economic, administrative, and cultural significance. Given the growing urban pressures and geographic constraints in Kandy, improved management of the public transport system and traffic management has been identified as a priority area for developing the city in to a more livable and accessible place.
The Kandy Transport Improvement Project (KTIP) examined the requirements for public transport and traffic management in Kandy. Some of the long-term development objectives of the KTIP include Improving service delivery, Integration between Transport modes and Upgrading and modernizing aging infrastructure...