Technical assistance for Zenata Eco-city (Morocco)
Client : Société d’Aménagement ZENATA (SAZ)
Partners : GROUPE HUIT (Keran Group)
Realisation : 2017-2019
SCE missions :
• Assistance with the programm’s coordination and supervisio
- Grant management - administrative, budgeting and accounting;
- Procurement ;
- Coordination, monitoring and reporting of activities.
• Assistance for the implementation of the technical components
- Actions of Component 1 « Sustainable city »;
- Component 2: Monitoring of the implementation of the environmental and social management plan and strategy and Resettlement Action Plan (RAP) (40 000 people affected);
- Component 3 : Governance and public services management for the new city and New cities Public policyrogramming, business park development plan
• Assistance for the implementation of transversal activities: Communication & visibility, Audit and Project evaluation.
Zenata Eco-city project, a first in Africa, should attract up to 300 000 residents by 2030 on an area of 2030 ha located between the cities of Rabat and Casablanca.
The project ambitions to build a city that is both intelligent in terms of mobility, health care, social equity, public space management, safety, public utility and waste management as well as a city respectful of environmental issues.
The project is part of the Neighbourhood Investment Facility (NIF) and benefits from a 4 million euros grant from the European Union supplementing fundings from the French Development Agency (AFD), and the European Investment Bank (EIB).